The Culinary Art of Cambodia, by H.R.H. Princess Norodom Rasmi Sobbhana, great-aunt of H.M. King Sihamoni of Cambodia. A 184-page, richly illustrated book containing:
- a historic background presentation
- the complete 1960 English edition, with some 300 culinary recipes and tips
- the 170 recipes in Khmer selected by the Princess for publication in the Royal Family Bulletin (BMD) from year 1970
- 200 photos of Princess Rasmi Sobbhana and the Royal Family, re-created dishes and from the book making-of, including the ceremony offered in tribute to Princess Rasmi Sobbhana by the Sacred Dancers of Angkor in September 2020.
- Five three-course menus selected and realized by the Heritage Sisters (Mesdames Men Chandevy, Men Sodany and Men Sotheavy) to reflect today's relevance of Princess Norodom Rasmi Sobbhana's culinary art.
Recommended donation: 21 USD (all sale proceeds are going the Sobbhana Foundation for Women and to the Wat Rasmi Sobbhana (Reaksmey Sophorn), the Kandal Province pagoda named after the Princess.
Where can I purchase the book in Cambodia?
Many fine locations are joining in to help with the distribution. Click on location name for direction.
Aquation Working Space (Koh Pich)
Aroma/Museum Art Gallery (opposite National Museum)
Armand’s The Bistro Restaurant (Daun Penh)
Arya Vong Kim L’Oréal Beauty Salon (Daun Penh)
Bistrot de la Poste Restaurant (Daun Penh)
Bophana Center Audiovisual Resources (Psah Thmei)
Britea Cambodia-English TeaHouse (Riverside)
Carnets d’Asie Bookstore (Psah Thmei)
Cuisine Wat Damnak Restaurant (Daun Penh)
elsewhere Lifestyle Store (Daun Penh)
Ferme de Bassac Catering & Restaurant (Daun Penh)
Floatation Floating Lounge (Koh Pich)
FT Gallery (Khan Mean Chey)
IKIGAI Arts Center (Daun Penh)
Khéma La Poste Restaurant (Wat Phnom)
Kravanh Restaurant (Daun Penh)
Danbaul Arts Resource Home (Daun Penh)
Le Deli Bistro Gourmet Restaurant (Daun Penh)
My Bookshop Cambodia (Preah Sihanouk)
Nesat Seafood House & Store (Tuol Tompong)
Pavilion Heritage Oasis Hotel (Daun Penh)
Paradise Store (Daun Penh)
Penh House Hotel (Daun Penh)
Sobbhana Foundation for Women Boutique (Psah Thmei)
Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra Hotel (Chamkar Mon)
Sombok Restaurant (Riverside)
Terrazza Pizza Place & Deli (BKK)
White Mansion Café (Daun Penh)
Who Gallery by Stan (Daun Penh)
Monument Books Norodom Boulevard
Fellini Siem Reap Restaurant
Satcha - សច្ចៈ Arts and Craft Center
Soieries du Mekong Store
Jasmine Boat Café & Restaurant, Kratie, Kratie Province
Le Relais de Chhlong, Chhlong, Kratie Province
4Rivers Floating Lodge, Tatai, Koh Kong Province
La Java Bleue Hotel & Gallery, Kampot, Kampot Province
Amber Resort, Kampot, Kampot Province
Would you like to add a location to the consignment list? Contact us.
Evaan Market (worldwide orders)
Want to contribute with online placement? Contact us.
Sabay News (ភាសារខ្មែរ)
Sovrin Magazine (ភាសារខ្មែរ)
Khmer Times 1 & 2 (English)
Phnom Penh Post (English)
Amazing Cambodia (ភាសារខ្មែរ)
Visit Angkor (English)
Le Petit Journal (Français)
Khmerologie Blog (Français)
Cambodge Mag (Français)
Scandasia June 2022 (English)
Lili Sisombat Food and Culture blog post on books and Cambodian cuisine, including ours, January 2023 (English)
June 2022: The Culinary Art of Cambodia gets Special Award of the Jury at the 25th Gourmand International Cookbook Fair in Umea, Sweden:
The Phnom Penh Post (English)
Sabay News (Khmer)
Our publication of Samdech Kanitha's book, inspiration for cooking classes given by HE Lok Chumteav Sor Socheata (Under Secretary of State, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports)
ការបោះពុម្ភផ្សាយរបស់យើងអំពី សិល្បៈធ្វើម្ហូបកម្ពុជា របស់សម្តេច កានីថា ដែលជាការបំផុសគំនិតសម្រាប់ថ្នាក់ធ្វើម្ហូប ដែលផ្តល់ដោយ លោកជំទាវ សឿ សុជាតា (អនុរដ្ឋលេខាធិខាក្រសួងអប់រំ យុវជន និងកីឡា
A presentation by Cambodian influencer Chan Kongka
Where can I find this book worldwide?
We are currently setting up consignment spots in Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Australia, Canada, France, UK, USA... Want to become a distributor, email us.
- In Bangkok, get your copies at Hardcover: The Art Book Shop or at Carnets d'Asie Bookstore (orders at [email protected] or direct message here. Donation: 934 baht per copy.
- In Europe, you can order copies to be mailed from France. Attractive mail rates.
For individual express mailing, email us.
Libraries Around the World
The book is available at a growing number of public and university libraries, such as: